Skip to main content

Here's what a VPN can't protect you from (but you need to use it)

The abbreviation " VPN " has slowly become established among average Internet users, which is certainly good, but the problem is that people have started to see VPN as the ultimate solution to all problems.

MTS experiences - never again!

MTS experiences - never again!

After several years, I switched to MTS postpaid because they had affordable packages and a quality network. They had a good customer center, everything was resolved quickly and effortlessly. It was all like that until maybe a year ago, and to this day the situation is getting worse and worse.

MTS has deteriorated in terms of all the services it offers: fixed telephony, mobile postpaid, internet, TV, packages… I have had experiences in all these areas and I have no pleasant experiences at all.

Mobile postpaid

As I wrote a few years ago, I switched to MTS because they had a great offer: a 50% discount on a subscription if I don't take the phone. Great, who's crazy about taking a phone from a mobile operator? I didn’t so this option was great for me. I took that package and bought the phone separately, saved about 25,000 dinars and I was satisfied.

After a couple of years, they reduced the discount to 40%, so they introduced a fee for protection against internet overruns, and finally reduced the discount to 25%! Of course, as soon as my contract expired, I terminated it and went to another operator.

Otherwise, the fun fact: if you do not terminate the contract yourself after your contract expires, you will continue to pay postpaid but at full price. Read the contract before signing.

This price increase was just a drop in the bucket, I wanted to change the operator for a long time. Namely, I had constant problems with "dead zones" in which I didn't even have a 2G signal: I couldn't go online, call or send messages.

I wrote to them countless times, sent evidence of signal strength in those zones, and each time they rejected the complaint because they were only obliged to give the maximum they could and did not guarantee that the user would always have a signal everywhere. Well, I am looking for it on the territory of Serbia, in the largest cities in it, not on the border or somewhere in the field.

MTS contract

So: customer service is zero, signal quality is declining, prices are rising, promotions are getting worse.

Fixed phone

After I moved, I wanted to introduce ADSL internet, and on that occasion called MTS to send me a signal for a fixed-line (there is infrastructure in the building and some already have a fixed one).

I applied and waited two full months! I work over the internet and I can't allow myself not to have internet access for more than an hour, not 2 months. Luckily, I had free gigabytes that I shared from my phone to my computer.

I sent 3 complaints, called customer service countless times, tried to get them to come in all possible ways - nothing!

Only after 2 months did they call me to ask: "Did you want to introduce a fixed one? Since it's on my computer there, I'm not in debt. "- as they said in a relaxed way, as if they weren't in a hurry. So if it stays on your computer for 2 months, look at his mother!

It's amazing how irresponsible they are and how much they don't care about users. Well, they need to chase us to sell us a favor, not us. Insolence!

Box packages

Now they have invented some new Box packages and are bored with them on every corner of this world and the Internet. I didn't want to take that of course, but I had the opportunity to witness the torments of the people who did.

Namely, the promotion "Box 3" offers 6 dinars for 6 months and the package includes Net, Fixed and TV.

The situation goes like this: MTS is dragging people to take some of the Box packages. People I know agreed because the price suited them and they didn't know how bad MTS was and that they were frauds.

They set up the equipment, the people signed the contract, they connected everything, and said they would release the signal soon. It soon lasted for two months, and it still lasts!

They called them non-stop, said they had no signal yet, and asked when they would be released. MTS said every time that they would check.

People went to the branch to return the equipment and terminate the contract because they had not had services for two months.

MTS replied that the price for terminating the contract would be 75,000 dinars, ie. they would have to pay all months from the contract in advance.

They also told them that the signal was released after a month from the signing of the contract and that they should have told the customer service that they had interference and not that the signal had not been released. Watch that logic: so how can anyone know if a signal has been released or not when it is NOT there ?! How do you report interference for something that doesn't even exist? I personally checked and saw that there was no signal at all. So not that there was any interference but there was nothing as if I had pulled the cord out of the socket.

Then they said that they would send someone to personally check what was happening and that a month of their contractual obligations had already passed. Luckily, the first 6 months are dinars, otherwise, people would pay 2,900 dinars for a service they didn't have at all.

I have seen on the internet that many complain about the same problem, say in this Facebook status. Here are just some of the comments on that status (in case they remove it):

MTS user experiences

MTS user experiences

MTS user experiences

MTS user experiences

For the end

I wrote this status to warn potential future users: do not take any services from MTS! They are expensive, frivolous, and unprofessional, their signal is bad, customer support is even worse. Fortunately, there are a lot of operators in Serbia who offer everything they have, you have a lot of options, so choose any other. Others are no better either, but from many years of experience, I can say that MTS is the worst of them all.

Read more: SBB experiences, Orion experiences .

Comments

Popular this month

How to download the complete FB profile

UPDATE: The article has been updated. Click here. You have probably heard these days that the hacker group "Anonymous" will crash Facebook on November 5, 2011, maybe it will, maybe it won't. If you want to save all your pictures and videos, etc. you can do it in a few steps.

Five wishes from Google

Google is under investigation for allegedly abusing its strong position as a leader in the field of Internet search, and competing companies are suing Google and their partners, as this giant company is increasingly expanding into markets where it is already competitive.

This premium VPN gives free 17+ GB of bandwidth per month!

As you surf the internet your location is available on every site you visit. Basically, every site you visit knows your IP address, location, region, country . .. and much more. You don't believe it? Just look at this link and you will see your details: https://www.find-ip.net/ip-script If you don't already use a VPN, you can see your IP address, country, city, and region in the box above. Worrying?

Speccy - Get to know your computer in detail

The average user usually only knows what the CPU speed is, how much RAM it has, what the label is on the graphics card, and how much the HDD is… But he doesn't know some perhaps more important details. Speccy is a program that will reveal these details and you will have a complete insight into all the components that are inside your machine.

Look at historical objects in three dimensions

Google has launched a new Cultural Institute service where you can view some 3-dimensional historical objects on your computer in your favorite web browser. The items are detailed and you can enlarge them to see even the smallest parts. Of course, they are not perfect, there are some irregularities somewhere, but they were not noticed.