Skip to main content

Here's what a VPN can't protect you from (but you need to use it)

The abbreviation " VPN " has slowly become established among average Internet users, which is certainly good, but the problem is that people have started to see VPN as the ultimate solution to all problems.

Top 5 (free) VPN services I have used so far

Top 5 (free) VPN services I have used so far

I haven’t written a VPN -related article in a while, despite getting a lot of questions about it. The reason why I did not write articles on this topic is that I tested VPN services, so I wanted to write a summary article.

And here, it's time to write which VPN services were the best for me so far. When I say "best", I mean ME, the best for MY criteria. And what I watched was:

  • Number of megabytes (throughput)
  • Maximum speed
  • Server locations
  • Ease of use
  • Encryption

Now, I happened to come across some services that meet a lot of these conditions, but not all, and I included them. I ranked that list above in order of importance, which means that I first looked at how many megabytes they offer per month/day, then at what speed, where their servers are located, and finally how easy it is to use. I watched the encryption the least because they all more or less offer at least 128-bit, and that doesn't matter to me because I only use VPN if a site/service requires a location from a certain country.

The list that follows, however, is not arranged in any order!

#1 VPN Book

VPN Book free VPN

I have been using it for a long time and have had no problems so far. The only drawback is that the login must be entered every time (which changes).

  • Flow: unlimited
  • Speed: unlimited (solid surf)
  • Locations: FR, DE, US, CA
  • Ease of use: 3/5
  • Encryption: 128-bit / 256-bit

#2 Just Free VPN

Just Free VPN

Similar to the previous one, I used to have problems with connecting. The disadvantage is that the login is constantly changing here as well.

  • Flow: unlimited
  • Speed: ~ 3 Mbps (solid surf)
  • Locations: US, UK, CA, NL, DE, HK
  • Ease of use: 3/5
  • Encryption: 256-bit

#3 Shellfire

Shellfire free VPN

Another VPN service offers a free package with solid specifications. What I like is the ease of installation and availability on multiple platforms (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS).

  • Flow: unlimited
  • Speed: ~ 1 Mbps (quite fast surf)
  • Locations: US, DE
  • Ease of use: 4/5
  • Encryption: 128-bit

#4 Betternet

Betternet free VPN

I liked this service because it is available on even more devices (Win, Android, iOS, Mac, Chrome, Firefox) and is easy to use. However, there are a few drawbacks such as surf speed (although the speed test is excellent) and the inability to choose a location.

  • Flow: unlimited
  • Speed: ~ 8 Mbps (slow surf)
  • Locations: cannot be selected
  • Ease of use: 5/5
  • Encryption: unknown

#5 Proton VPN

Proton VPN free

The name Proton is well known to people who want to hide in the online world. So, they offer good protection, which is a plus, but also a lot of restrictions for a Free account. Still, I chose them because they have a strong name and security.

  • Flow: unlimited
  • Speed: Low - not specified (solid surf)
  • Locations: JP, NL, US
  • Ease of use: 2/5
  • Encryption: 256-bit

This is some of my list of VPN services that I tried and that suited me the most. If you have a suggestion for some other, similar, VPN services, write in the comment below.

Comments

Popular this month

Samsung puts a camera under the screen - Notch is not needed!

Notch is the biggest flaw of smartphones today - period. For the vast majority of users, this is the main reason why they do not buy a phone, as well as for me. But Samsung has found a solution. True, Notch is only a transitional solution until companies find a way to place all the components on the front under the screen. Users demanded bigger and bigger screens, and smaller and smaller phones, so Notch was the only solution. Although it is present in many smartphones today, it is not generally accepted. Moreover, it is considered a flaw . Of course, the phone manufacturers told the story and tried to convince the users that Notch was ok, and many accepted that, and the others can't wait for that era to pass.

Count a bunch of items IN SECONDS with this AI app!

If you work often with a large number of stacked items (boards, pipes, boxes…) you probably count them often. When that crowd is bigger, counting can take time. The AI ​​application will come to the rescue, which will do the counting for you in a second!

Protect your Facebook account to the maximum

Although web browsers and antiviruses today protect us quite well from phishing, keyloggers, viruses, etc. many Facebook users are still facing hacked accounts . Most often, these are the mistakes of the users themselves, because they are not careful or simply do not know how to protect themselves. That's why I decided to write this article where I will explain how to protect your email and Facebook account, as well as the computer itself.

[Windows] How to create an invisible folder

At the time when I got my first computer, games weren't that popular, so we researched the system, and the whole computer in general (at least I did). After discovering something interesting, we try to use it to "challenge" each other.

What should you check before buying a used phone?

If you buy a used phone from an unknown person, or even from a known person, you must always check the phone for any damage - visible or hidden. But what all needs to be checked? How? That is exactly what I am writing in this article!